Are you interested in joining our volunteer program?
If you would like to get involved in the exciting new projects happening this year at Jarrow Hall, apply to join our incredible team of volunteers and museum enthusiasts!
What do our volunteers gain from our program?
- Learn about the history and heritage of the local area.
- Be part of a dedicated and like-minded team of volunteers.
- Make fun and exciting new friends of all ages.
- Add new skills and experience to your CV or job applications.
- Share your own skills and experience with our museum.
- Volunteer discount at Hive Coffee Company
What kind of roles do we offer?
We have a wide range of options, if you are a fan of history and re-enactment, take part in our living history group Jarrow 700AD, bringing to life our Anglo-Saxon (re)constructed timber buildings! We also have opportunities to work with our Visitor Services front-of-house, or on the demonstration farm taking good care of our animals. You can support our Collections, looking after our archaeological heritage, and help with the delivery of our Education Programme for schools!
We are currently taking applications for:
How do I become a volunteer?
To apply to our volunteer program simply email us with your name and contact details at [email protected], you can also call us at +44 (0)191 424 1585 (during open times), or use our online contact form and a member of our staff will get in touch. Alternatively you can visit our staff on site for further details.